Saturday 2 October 2010

Wednesday 29th September 2010 - Hurts


290910 Hurts
Originally uploaded by Adam9309
No, I haven't caught my knee on the table. No, I haven't just stabbed myself with the vegetable knife. And no, my ears aren't bleeding with Katie's singing. Well, they are, but that's another story....

Instead, what does make me feel brilliant today is HURTS. Now do you see what I did there?!

Now I love the album anyway - it's one of my records of the year. So clever, so different, so fresh compared to what else has come out this year.

But I heard the Kylie cover of 'Wonderful Life' today for the first time, and it's just beautiful. Honestly, if there was a word that meant more than that, I'd use it. It's just stunning. And it is so different to the original, that it makes you feel in love with the Hurts version even more!

HURTS, you are the Day Dedicatee for Wednesday 29th September 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment