Sunday 17 October 2010

Friday 15th October 2010 - Howard Schultz


151010 Howard Schultz
Originally uploaded by Adam9309
Now I highly doubt any of you know this fella. Well, you might if you go to Starbucks as much as I do. This man is HOWARD SCHULTZ, and he is the CEO of Starbucks.

Having spent another £3.50 this morning on a Venti Hazelnut Mocha, I wandered into the form room and thought about this enormous cup on the table in front of me. What does it mean? Why is it so much? Who is behind it all?

So, I had a Google on Howard. I knew he was CEO, but I didn't know he bought the Starbucks chain for $3.8m in 1987. And the rest is history really. He left his job, he earns $10,000 a year through his salary, but still manages to be worth $1.1billion. Not bad for a bloke you used to work for a printing company.

He's changed Starbucks for the better - introducing new products, Starbucks VIA, coffee theaters, has transformed some stores into local coffee houses, and is in the process of making the stores even better than they currently are.

Just cut some prices here in the Uk, Howard? It doesn't cost you that much to make what you do - all I'm asking is for a couple of quid cups of coffee!

HOWARD SCHULTZ, you are the Day Dedicatee for Friday 15th October 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment