Sunday 17 October 2010

Sunday 17th October 2010 - Eamonn Holmes


171010 Eamonn Holmes
Originally uploaded by Adam9309
Having woken up this morning, all blurry eyed and dry mouthed, I went downstairs, poured some coffee, and flicked the telly on. There was nothing on - until I spotted Something For The Weekend, on BBC2.

Now SFTW is one of my favourite shows - I love it. It's like a One Show with food. And better guests. And better presenters. It's not a lot like The One Show to be honest. I now regret saying that.

But today's guests were Tulisa from N-Dubz, who I genuinely fell asleep during, and EAMONN HOLMES and his lovely wife, Ruth Langsford. Now Tim, co-host of the show, for those of you who don't know, asked for emails for the two of them. Now was my opportunity to finally get some advice off another one of my idols.

So I sent in my email asking about work experience, and that was read out. And then Eamonn Tweeted me, telling me to get in touch so we could chat more about it. And that actually made my day - getting some recognition, and maybe an opportunity to meet someone whose been there, done it all, and is known in every house across the country.

That'll do.

EAMONN HOLMES, you are the Day Dedicatee for Sunday 17th October 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment