Friday 22 October 2010

Wednesday 20th October 2010 - Michael Giacchino


201010 Michael Giacchino
Originally uploaded by Adam9309
I knew of the fella, but couldn't quite work out if I liked all his stuff, or just some of. Then I properly Spotified him, and realised just quite how big a genius he is. This is MICHAEL GIACCHINO, my new favourite composer.

I knew he had composed Up!, the Disney film that is in my Top 5 of all time. I also knew he had composed part of Lost, the drama I reckon is the best of the last 10 years. But Ratatouille? Not a clue. And he did all of Lost. And is doing Cars 2 as well - it's brilliant. Oh, and don't forget The Incredibles.

He's a musical genius - he has come up with some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard. Did you know he also used part of a plane fuselage for the Lost soundtrack? He's also incredibly clever with how he does it.

So, MICHAEL GIACCHINO, you are the Day Dedicatee for Wednesday 20th October 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment