Saturday 30 October 2010

Saturday 30th October 2010 - Cher Lloyd


301010 Cher Lloyd
Originally uploaded by Adam9309
At 8pm this evening, I switched over to ITV, like I do every Saturday night. The X Factor Tweeting began, and I was back under way with my usual Saturday regime. A giggle at Tesco Mary, the odd quip about Louis and his aggravating remarks, Matt's hat, Trey with a C's teeth, Katie's pigeon shit eyelashes, and CHER LLOYD'S rapping... Wait, rapping?

This week, it was Halloween week. All the songs had to be spooky, haunting, goosebump-creating. I didn't expect Cher to come out and sing a bit of Shakespears Sister. She sand 'Stay' tonight, and it was safely the most beautiful rendition of the song I've ever heard. And not a rap in sight.

It was scary, it was haunting, it was emotional, it was just what was needed to end the show. I was genuinely very shocked by it. Mum and Dad shouting at the telly saying she was crap, me sat in the corner telling my followers that actually, that could have just won the hearts of millions of ITV watchers.

I didn't like Cher one bit, but if she keeps singing, and not resorting to pointless rapping, she'll have my vote.

CHER LLOYD, you are the Day Dedicatee for Saturday 30th October 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment