Tuesday 12 October 2010

Monday 11th October 2010 - Steve Carell


111010 Steve Carell
Originally uploaded by Adam9309
So, I was ill today. Well, I say ill. I had man flu for the morning, and felt a bit better at lunchtime, but still didn't feel up to going in. So I watched telly off the V+ box all day.

First was 5 episodes of Better Off Ted. Next was a couple of Modern Family. Then we had Single Father, which I have to say is possibly the best piece of British-made TV drama I've ever seen. And then I decided to finally watch Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. And I am so glad I did.

Now I think the idea of the film is great - takes a little while to get in to, but once you're there, it becomes an eclectic mix of one-liners and humour that just keeps making you laugh. And who has the best lines? Brick Tamland, played by STEVE CARELL.

I love Steve, he is one of the funniest men on the planet. But this was by a mile his best performance. Funny, witty, and a performance only he could get away with. The pants party had me going for so long I had to pause the film.

Honestly, you have to watch it - it went from a film I had avoided in the past, to my Top 5 films of all-time.

Oh, and Steve became my new man crush. Just so as you know.

STEVE CARELL, you are the Day Dedicatee for Monday 11th October 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment