Sunday 18 October 2009

Saturday 17th October 2009 - Waterstone's Hitchin

171009 Waterstone's
171009 Waterstone's,
originally uploaded by Adam9309.
A shop I hear you say?! A shop?!

I have no candidates today, cos this one just walks it every day of the week.

I have a very legitimate reason for this: I may be on for a job with Waterstone's, my favourite shop in the whole wide world.

The smell of freshly-cut books as you walk through the door. The happy faces behind the counter that always recognise a regular face. The kids in the back corner picking a new favourite book with their mums and dads. The old men on their knees looking at the World War book collection. The fresh-faced looking men all searching through the new autobiographies. It is my absolutely favourite place in the world. I adore Waterstone's, and I just wish I had more time to read, and more money to buy books!

I tend to read a lot of autobiographies, and 75% of my Christmas wish list are books. I just hope that I can get this job!

Waterstone's Hitchin, you are the Day Dedicatees for Saturday 17th October 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment