Thursday 4 November 2010

Wednesday 3rd November 2010 - Ludovico Einaudi


031110 Ludovico Einaudi
Originally uploaded by Adam9309
I was sat in bed last night, and heard some music I instantly recognised. But I just couldn't put a title to it. It was so frustrating, because all I wanted to do was download it, and that would have been happy days. So I spent hours today hunting it down. Seeing as 4oD wouldn't work.....

And I Shazamed it, and kicked myself for not realising sooner. It was, of course, LUDOVICO EINAUDI, the man I believe to be the greatest composer of the 21st century.

He composed a piece called 'I Giorni', which I'm sure the majority of you will have heard used on the BBC a lot the last few months. Also a piece called 'Divenere', which has been used on a lot of TV programmes. They're the two you'll know anyway.

But if you haven't discovered his otehr work, do. It is beautiful, almost angelic, and will send you into a very relaxed state. It is incredible.

Have a look for him - Spotify him, YouTube him, even buy his albums off Amazon - just find 5 minutes, and click play.

LUDOVICO EINAUDI, you are the Day Dedicatee for Wednesday 3rd November 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment