Tuesday 9 November 2010

The Time Has Come...

So, I did mention an announcement was imminent. And this is it.

I didn't intend for this to happen - it just has. 374 posts, over a year of my life, in one place. Today is the end of Day Dedication.

I was gonna try and keep going till Christmas, then let it naturally end, but I think I'm gonna draw a line here. We've had some fun though haven't we?!

So, 127 Day Dedicatees on from the original end, we've reached THE end. An idea ironically written on the back of a napkin, that becomes this little blog, part of the big world wide web.

We've made plenty of famous friends - Ellen, Jake Humphrey, Danny Wallace, even X Factor Voiceover Man, Peter Dickson. But the one question I get asked a hell of a lot - who was my favourite Day Dedicatee? It has to be you lot.

Last May, I said goodbye for the first time while I worked on other projects with a little blog about you all. Since then though, we've made so many more friends - readership is now regularly hundreds a day, we've had over 2,000 hits since the 1st of November, the majority now come from the States, we have regulars in Russia, Japan, Indonesia, Argentina, Brazil, Italy, France, Sweden, China - across the globe. Blogs have been picked up by so many people, and thankfully, inspired many too. I receive emails every few weeks telling me how much something has touched them - it tends to be the one about Nana.

I'm also very proud of you all. With my charity blogs over the last 12 months or so, if every one of you who clicked on the donate links had given £1, we'll have raised over £1,500. That's a big deal for a tiny blog like ours.

I've written loads of blogs - Google my name and you'll probably find them all. But Day Dedication is the one I've stuck with - the one I've enjoyed the most. The one blog that depicts a year in my life.

So many posts showing everything about my day. Just one little thing. Christmas in New York, Formula 1, John Legend, One EskimO, Jessica Ennis, Twitter, Business exams, Radio 1, Marathons, Macs, Kylie, The Chronicle, Gaga, Mum, Football, NFL, Pukka Pads, Eczema, number blogs! I've had such fun this afternoon with coffee, a big bag of crisps, and my laptop, just scrolling through how much I've enjoyed the last year.

The whole point of this blog was to do some good in the world - to make someone's day just like they had made mine. I think I can safely say that between us all, we've achieved that.

This isn't goodbye - oh no, there's plenty of other projects brewing ready for implementation. You can always have a gander at My Food Revolution, my little foody picture blog. Or have a look at The United Way - all about the greatest football team in the world. I'll definitely be posting up and around here with new ideas and things, so Day Dedication isn't dead. Just being put to bed for a bit, just waiting to be woken back up.

So, enjoy your day everyone, knowing that today, and for every day coming, YOU are the Day Dedicatee.

Have a lovely Christmas, Happy Holidays, and speak soon.

Peace and love from your very proud friend,

Adam xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment